Thursday, November 09, 2006

So, barring another recount debacle (why does this shit always happen in the South?), it looks as though the Senate may go Democratic. And I'm as excited about that as any other non-religious-zealot-American, but, um, let's not get our hopes up.

I read a comment on some site where the person said (paraphrasing), "I hope it's true because I would really like to see someone stick it to George Dubya."

But I'm thinking, "who cares?" We basically just elected a bunch of impotent/incompetent middle-of-the-roaders who haven't managed to mount so much as an effective press conference in the last six years to the control of our Congress. And while I would rather have them in control than the right wing fanatics, I think it is important that we realize that this doesn't mean the next two years are going to be full of do-gooding from the Congress. It simply means nothing will get done for the next two years because the wimps (read: Democrats) now have control of the Congress and the Republicans can no longer do what they want, when they want, how they want with no opposition, except from 'the people' - who, I think we can all safely agree, no one listens to anymore.

Point being: I don't think there's going to be any "sticking it" to Bush. I think the Dems will be lucky to get through the next two years without the Republican minority making them cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home